Home Safety Tips During Covid-19
How can I keep my home safe during the pandemic?
The year 2020 has been all about the pandemic outbreak of COVID-19. For the last few months, we have been trapped in our houses to make sure that we are safe from this deadly coronavirus. And even now, when the unlocking has been started, our lives don't seem to be back to normal. Moreover, the chances of everything getting back to normal again and coronavirus leaving our lives seems like a farsighted dream for now.
Everyone wants to make sure that they and their family members are safe and secure from COVID-19. And this concern leads to countless questions that play our minds.
Is it enough to wear masks and use sanitizers?
Is it safe to order groceries online?
Was the delivery person healthy and safe?
How to keep coronavirus out of the house?
Don't worry! You are certainly not the only one stuck amidst these worries. Due to the frightening scenario created by COVID-19, every person is facing the same issues. So here we are to your help with some of the best tips to keep coronavirus far away from your home sweet home.
Don't let the virus find a way to your home!
First and foremost, to keep yourself and your home safe, you need to make sure that coronavirus doesn't find a way to enter your house. Governments have been prioritising the fact that everybody should try to stay at home as much as possible. If you have an urgent job that means you must leave your house, make sure to follow every COVID-19 guideline given by the authorities and medical professionals.
It is essential to protect yourself from the virus first, only then can you protect your loved ones. We all know that coronavirus is a disease that spreads very quickly and you need to make sure that it doesn't find a way in your home through you.
Wear masks whenever you leave your house, keep a sanitizer in your pockets all the time and use it often, maintain a proper distance from people, avoid touching railings or any outside objects as much as possible.
Believe your home to be sacred!
When visiting sacred shrines we are often asked to wash our hands and remove footwear before entering. So, look at your house as a sacred place and make sure you always wash your hands before touching anything when you enter your home. Washing hands is one of the most important COVID-19 prevention guidelines.
Also, just washing hands is not enough. You need to wash them properly for at least two minutes to get rid of any viruses or bacteria’s, for now specifically coronavirus. Hence, washing hands has become the most important protective measure.
Additionally, you should remove your shoes outside your house and disinfect them so that any virus stuck to them doesn't get into your home with them. If possible leave your footwear in safe and dry place outside your home.
Disinfect anything and everything!
Whatever you bring in your house has a chance of carrying the virus. Yes, you heard it right! Even the non-living things; like your groceries or your bag or your cosmetics or anything. Just about everything can be a carrier of coronavirus and bring it into your house. So, make sure you disinfect everything that has an outside source. A quick and easy way to do this is with a disinfectant machine, which can also be used to disinfect your entire home.
Now you must be thinking about how to sanitize stuff like vegetables. Even though nowadays vegetable washers are available in the market, yet there are many old school ways of doing it as well.
- Take some warm water and your veggies in this water.
- Soak your vegetables in clean water for a few minutes before using them.
- Vegetables like an onion that can't be washed beforehand, should be rinsed through clean water after peeling them off.
- Also, make sure to wash your hands as well after cleaning the vegetables and fruits.
Socialize with proper guards!
We often think that if it's safe or not to invite someone to your house during COVID-19 era. The truth is that it is not possible to completely cut the ties with your loved ones. You have to meet people and even invite them into your home despite the coronavirus.
So how can you make your social meets safe from COVID-19?
The tips are very basic and easy. All you need to do is remember the golden rules of COVID-19 prevention
- Ask your friends or guests to sanitize themselves as soon as they enter your house.
- Ask them to remove their footwear before entering your home.
- If the person is a service provider, ask them to wear disposable gloves before touching any object.
- Don't host any parties or large gatherings before the COVID-19 pandemic outbreak is over.
- Once, the person leaves, make sure to disinfect everything they touched. (It doesn't mean that the person was unhealthy in any manner but, taking your safety measures is not at all harmful to anyone.)
A few basic tips for you and your family!
- Avoid inviting or even meeting with a person who is showing COVID-19 similar symptoms.
- Make it your habit to use tissues when coughing or sneezing and throw the tissue in the trash at the same time. If a tissue is not available, use your elbow area to cough or sneeze in. Avoid using hands to cover your mouth.
- Use disinfectant machines to disinfect frequently touched objects of your house like table, sofas, refrigerator, door handles, switches, switchboards etc. at least once a day.
- If you have small kids in your house, make sure any toys that have been outside your home are disinfected.
- Add any disinfectant like Dettol in water used for mopping.
- Read the directions carefully before using any disinfectant or sanitizer. Every product has its specific features and guidelines.
- Avoid flicking dirty clothes to minimise the chances of any virus present in it spreading in the air
- When going out to shop, prepare a list of items you need to buy beforehand. This will minimise the time you spend outdoors along with minimising the chances of you coming in contact with coronavirus.
- Use disposable gloves when cleaning high touch surfaces and dispose of them after one cleaning.
- Change your clothes when you come back into your home and put the clothes you wore outside your home straight into the wash.
Following these basic tips and protective measures will help keep you and your family safe from the Coriona Virus.